Do you have a FICO score or credit score ranging between 650 and 699? Well, if you are trying to check out if the 650 credit score is good or bad, and finding out the best credit cards for 650 credit score, here are the best you can lay your hands on. Is it worth having a credit score of 650? Well, the score is considered to average, while the scores upwards of 675 is considered to be above average or good. Now that we have set our aims for those with the credit score of 650 let us check out a few best credit card options for your needs.
Best Credit Cards in 2019 if your FICO score is 650 to 699
Here are our top choices you can go with. We have chosen the specific cards for a credit score of 650.
Journey® Student Rewards from Capital One®
The Journey® Student Rewards from Capital One® is specifically designed as the student credit card and thus best suits your needs if you are looking for a credit card with 650 credit score. The card is available for just about anyone though it is labeled as a student card.
A few highlights of the card are
- It should be the best option for those with not so favorable credit history.
- The card does not come with any signup bonus or similar options. You get a decent rate of interest for your usage.
- The card offers a 1 percent cash back on all your transactions.
- If you make repayments in time, you stand to gain 1.25 percent cash back.
While it can be a great motivation to make payments in time to get cash back, delayed payments can adversely affect your credit score. Moreover, it can be a good option to keep your credit score in good standing, and perhaps improve it.
A few other worthy features are
- The card comes with no annual fees
- You should not have more than two credit accounts with Capital One.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Gives you access to CreditWise tool for monitoring your credit score.
Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card
Are you looking for the best credit card for 650 credit score? Then the Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card can be one of the good options both for excellent rewards and improving your credit score. The card can be a great option if you are into traveling. It offers some of the best travel rewards among the credit cards available for an average credit score.
Some salient benefits that it offers you are
- No annual fees charged.
- It offers you a signup bonus of 20000 miles (which is equivalent to $200).
- The card comes with 1.25X reward points on all your purchases.
- You also stand to gain 10x reward points at select hotels.
How will you use it? Well, the card suits you the best if you are a regular traveler. Just build on miles which can be redeemed at hotels and air travel. But, do ensure that you are making your payments on time to avoid affecting your credit score further.
The credit card offers you the following benefits –
- You are a frequent traveler
- If you are looking for a good travel card.
- It can also be a good option if you are paying off a huge purchase.
- No expiry of any of your reward points
- There are no foreign transaction fees involved.
Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card
Is 650 credit score good? If that is exactly what you are trying to find out, the Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card should be one of the best options for you. In fact, it has been considered to be one of the best credit cards for rewards.
If you have a lower or average credit score and want good cash back on your card, it can be a great choice and a perfect way to go. The card is available with flat rate and should be an excellent option for a variety of reasons.
Some of the highlights offered by the cad include
- You stand to gain 1.5 percent cash back on all your purchases.
- The annual fee stands at only $ 39. Since there is no bonus with the card, take care to find if it can be offset with your cad usage and cashback.
- You can use it to monitor your credit score with CreditWise program from Capital One
- If you continue making regular payments in time, you will get access to a higher credit limit. However, the decision is at the company’s discretion.
- The card has no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
Please note that Capital One has another credit card which looks almost similar to this one – Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card. This is the card specifically designed for those with good credit score.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
If you are worried about what can a 650 credit score get you, the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card can be a great alternative for you. Of course, the brand is associated with a high value, but still, the card is made available for those with an average credit score. In fact, the card is considered to be one of the excellent options for best airline miles credit cards.
Some of the highlights offered by the card are
- It can be your perfect option for improving your credit score.
- You just need to spend $ 1000 on purchases using the card in the first three months to earn up to 40000 reward points.
- You also stand to gain 3000 bonus miles every year on the account anniversary.
- The annual fees stand at $ 69.
We found that the card provides you access to the high-end features and functionality even for those with a low credit score.
DESERVE PRO MASTERCARD
The Deserve Pro Mastercard provides you access to a few excellent cashback and reward features, even when these are designed for users with a credit score of 650.
While most of the credit look at the repayment capacity and credit score, the Deserve Pro Mastercard checks the following eligibility conditions –
- future employability
- projected earnings
- Repayment options
This should make it a great option for those with a lower credit score because of the fact that the company does not look for your credit score intently. However, you may need to have a decent and respectable credit history.
Some of the benefits offered by the card are
- 3 percent cash back on spends for travel and entertainment.
- 2 percent cash back at restaurants. Please note that the bars are not covered.
- 1 percent cash back on all your other purchases.
- The card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- You can get credit limit up to $ 10000
- The card comes with other benefits like Price Protection and Roadside Assistance
The credit card does not require a security deposit or co-signor for availing the benefits. If you are an international student, the card does not need any SSN requirement. The card can be an excellent option to build your own credit history and become financially independent.
One of the best options for the best options for a credit card for 650 credit score in 2019, the Chase Slate should be a great choice by almost every standard. If you are troubled with a spiraling bad credit score and mounting credit card bills, Chase Slate can be an excellent option for a balance transfer of your credit cards.
Yes, the Chase Slate is specifically designed for a balance transfer of your credit cards and offers you a zero percent APR for first 15 billing cycles. Thus you can clear your credit card outstanding without having to incur any extra interest charges.
Some of the benefits offered by the Chase Slate card can be summarised as
- You will incur no balance transfer fees on the balance transfers done within the first 60 days of opening your account.
- The balance transfer fees of 3 percent will be applicable after the lapse of 60 days.
- You can monitor and keep a check on the FICO credit score through your Chase Slate account.
- You will get the credit card approved even with an average credit score of 650 to 699.
- You have access to the high-end features like Purchase Protection and an Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- There is no annual fee charged to the card.
Ideally, your credit score should be good enough though not high enough. But a fair to average credit score should help you get a good credit score.
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business
The Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business is ideally one of the best business credit cards that are designed specifically for those with not so good credit score. But if you are looking for a 650 credit score credit card, this should be ideally a great option – though it does not offer you any interesting reward points functionality.
Here are a few features and benefits that the card offers you –
- The credit card offers you a 1 percent cash back for every purchase.
- There are no bonus options or introductory bonus options
- Your card activity is reported to Dun & Bradstreet, Experian Business, and Small Business Financial Exchange if it is positive. This will help you build a good business credit.
- The card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
- You also get access to benefits like Purchase Security and Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
- Specially trained customer care service for your business needs.
Please note that while the positive card history is reported to Dun & Bradstreet, Experian Business, and Small Business Financial Exchange, any negative history is reported to consumer credit bureaus like Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. Do take care to keep your account in good standing to ensure building a good business credit.
How Can you Build your Credit Score with Credit Cards?
The 650 credit score is good enough to get a few options as discussed above to obtain a few select credit cards. Of course, you will have no access to high-end credit cards with your fair or above average score between 650 and 699. However, the above credit cards should assist you in improving your credit score towards a good degree.
What measures would we recommend for improving your credit score history if you believe 650 credit score is bad? Here are the measures that can be helpful enough –
- Pay your bills right on time. Do ensure that you are paying at least the minimum amount due every month.
- It can be a great idea to pay off the entire balance each month to avoid ending up with increasing interest charges every month.
- Of course, you need to be patient and continue making a regular payment over time. It will take considerable time to build your credit history and improve your credit score.
- Setting up Autopay options on your card can be one of the best options so that you will not end up making late payments or completely forgetting it.
- Use a credit monitoring service for keeping a tab on your credit score. This will help you understand your progress.
- Exercise caution and responsibility with your credit cards usage.
Do note that building a reliable credit history and credit score is not an overnight process. It is possible, but it takes a lot of time and constant efforts. If you are dedicated enough, you can improve your credit score of 650.
Well, a 650 credit score loan can be quite risky if you are not able to pay back real quick and in time. The credit cards can be a good option in these circumstances as you will need to reimburse at least a part of your outstanding balance every month. The credit score of 650 credit cards as featured in this compilation should provide you a good platform for focusing on building a good credit history and credit score alike.
A credit score of 650 is an excellent option for building a good credit history and owning one of the best credit cards outlined in this compilation would help you achieve the objective faster. Build your credit history and improve your savings. And yes, share your thoughts with us.
Best Credit Cards If Your FICO Score Is Between 650 And 699